16.7.11

Giovanni Cartucci Part 9

There's one more thing that you should know about me. I have these dreams, dreams of things I have never actually seen, faces I don't recognize, a lucid conscience that I cannot discern as my own.
I have them every night I'm asleep. My Russia-born uncle once told me about how it was like training to fly a bomber plane in the Cold War. He did not relate any of the details, but later that night I found myself in the cockpit of a B-29 Superfortress flying over Moscow. He was the first person I told about my secret and he instructed me not to say a word to anyone else. I was 13 years 241 days old. 6 months later, though I was hesitant because of my uncle's warning, I told my parents. They were skeptical at first and did not ever grasp the gravity of my situation. When I was 4 I dreamt of murder by my own hands and by the time I was 6 I knew the pain of being shot and stabbed but also the thrill of or how it felt like to be a mother seeing her baby for the first time. All of these dreams bottled, reserved, remembered, and spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment